What is a crown?
A dental crown is a restoration designed to entirely cover a damaged tooth, beginning at the gum line. By completely encasing the tooth, the crown returns the tooth to its optimal shape, structure, and strength. Each dental crown in Frederick, Maryland, is custom made to precisely fit your smile and to improve your oral health, function, and appearance. Crowns are very versatile and can be used to serve a number of restorative and cosmetic purposes. To ensure that your restoration looks natural, Dr. Cha and Dr. Dinh offer porcelain crowns that can be matched to your desired tooth color.
Do I need a crown?
Our dentists may recommend a crown to improve your smile by:
- Covering a dental implant
- Strengthening a cracked or otherwise weakened tooth
- Protecting a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
- Attaching a dental bridge
- Enhancing the aesthetics of a severely darkened or stained tooth
- Supporting a large filling when little natural tooth structure remains
- Improving the appearance and function of a misshapen tooth
Typically, only two visits to our office are needed to complete your crown. Dental crowns are designed to last a number of years, although you may need repairs or replacements over time. We welcome you to call or visit us at Family Smile Center LLC today to learn more. We are eager to improve your smile!